Island Hospital Taxi Service
Free Round-Trip Taxi for San Juan County Residents
Patients who live in San Juan County can receive free round trip taxi service from the ferry terminal when obtaining medical services from Island Hospital, hospital-operated clinic or outpatient service.
Reserving Free Taxi Service:
Those who wish to use this service need only call Mert's Taxi, (360) 708-6358, the day prior to your appointment and arrange to be met upon arrival at the Anacortes Ferry Terminal*.
*Please specify the San Juan Islands terminal when making your reservation, as the taxi also serves the Guemes ferry.
Which Services Are Eligible?
San Juan County residents can use this service to reach any Island Hospital service such as:
- Cancer Care Center
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Diagnostic Imaging (x-ray, mammogram, MRI, etc.)
- Emergency Services
- Laboratory Tests
- Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Pyschiatry & Behavioral Health
- Respiratory Services
Also, free taxi rides are offered to our clinics:
- Anacortes Family Medicine
- Fidalgo Medical Associates
- Island Surgeons
- Skagit Regional Clinics - Urology
- The Walk-In Clinic
And to our off-campus services:
- Island Hospital Sleep Wellness Center
NOTE: The following medical services are not directly affiliated with Island Hospital and are NOT eligible for free taxi service:
- Island Eye Physicians & Surgeons
- Island Family Physicians
- Island Internal Medicine
- North Cascade Cardiology
- Northwest Orthopedics Surgeons
- Skagit Island Orthopedics
- See list of physicians at the above practices
If you are not sure, please call Island Hospital to confirm whether taxi service is free for your medical provider. To call Island Hospital toll-free, dial 855-440-4200.
NOTE: This page was updated November 6, 2013. For the latest updates direct from Island Hospital, please go to Island Hospital - Free Taxi.